We’re proud to say that we’re ahead of the curve on the Mother’s Day gift game this year – we’ve already sent out our cards and picked out our gifts for all the moms in our life, and boy, does it feel good! But we’ll admit, we’ve had many a year where we didn’t exactly jump on the Mother’s Day gifts bandwagon soon enough. If you’re anything like us, you’ve had a year here and there where you’ve let the card selecting and gift getting slip, and suddenly, it’s Mother’s Day and you haven’t sent anything. That’s where we come in: we’ve got a few ideas up our sleeve to help you select the perfect gift for Mother’s Day.
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS:
1) A gift certificate to her favorite restaurant. Mother’s Day gifts should be something she won’t just “use”, but something that helps her to relax. A night out at her favorite restaurant should do the trick.
2) A gift certificate for a massage, mani/pedi, or spa trip. As we said above, moms deserve to relax, and what better gift to get your mom for Mother’s Day than one that helps her do so? We don’t know any mom that would turn down a massage, and everyone loves a good mani pedi experience. A foot massage and bright red toes? Sign us up.
3) A ‘USE ANYTIME’ babysitting card. As in, a night off for her, whenever she wants it. You’ll show up and handle the kids, and she can go out and do her thing. Mom needs a night off (more than one, really).
4) Tickets to see her favorite band. We’re a fan of gifting experiences when and where we can. Tickets to a concert involve lots of things: getting away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, leaving the stress of the to do list at home, and of course, rocking out to her favorite songs. A triple win.
5) An art piece that shows just how much you care. Here’s the thing about cards. We love them, really, we do. But they’re not permanent. Mom reads it, she hangs it up on the mantle for a few weeks (maybe files it away if you’re lucky), and then it’s gone. Art, on the other hand, especially the printed pieces above, make a much more permanent expression. They’re a piece that mom can hang up, a memento she can see every day. Nothing better.
What are you thinking of getting for Mother’s Day? Have you already selected and sent your gifts/cards? Tell us in the comments!