We've got a slew of holiday parties, both to attend and to host, coming up in the next few weeks. Is it just us, or does everyone's social calendar get filled to the brim once Thanksgiving hits? We can't wait to pull out our little black party dresses and sparkly heels, but in the meantime, we've got a drinks menu to plan! Finding holiday-appropriate cocktails is always a fun exercise – there's something so enjoyable about scouting the internet and our favorite cookbooks for that holiday spirit (in libation form!). We came across this drink on Pinterest the other day, and were immediately intrigued. We've generally stuck to warm apple cider drinks, which has meant rum punches and other recipes of that ilk. This drink, with vodka, apple juice, and gorgeous star anise, is easy to make and oh-so-holiday appropriate. One done, 4 to go!
- 18 ounces apple juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise pods
- 18 ounces Stoli Premium Vodka
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon
- 12 oz. bottle of sparking water (optional)
- apple slices, for garnish
- In a small saucepan simmer the apple juice with the cinnamon sticks and star anise. When it barely comes to a boil, remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes, then chill for a couple of hours (or overnight).
- When your'e ready to start making cocktails, remove the cinnamon sticks and star anise and set aside for garnish.
- In a cocktail shaker, shake the spiced apple juice, vodka, lemon, and ice together (work in batches if you need to).
- Pour into glasses, add a splash of sparking water, and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks and star anise pods.