Sometimes, you just want a dinner that's ultra easy to make, and ultra delicious to eat. Are we right or are we right? It might be Saturday, but we've had a long week, and we're craving some serious comfort food. Are you with us? Stress not – we've got an amazing, easy to make, uber delicious dinner for you and your family. You can get it on the table in less than 40 minutes, and it only requires a few pots for cleanup. Serve it with a freshly made Caesar salad, and you've got yourself a kitchen winner. Dinner is served!
Recipe found here; adapted slightly to include protein.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (i used trader joe's)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces mozzarella ( i got mine at trader joe's)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 pre-cooked chicken breast (i had some breaded chicken left over that i chopped up)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package in a large pot of water with salt. Once pasta is fully cooked, drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a large pan warm spaghetti sauce over medium heat. One the sauce is heated, add in heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Once cheese is melted pour sauce over noodles.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half and mozzarella in 1/2 inch cubes. Then combine the mozzarella (save about 1/4 cup) and tomatoes with the pasta. Add your chopped up chicken (shrimp would also be yummy!) Pour into a 9×9 baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!